Upper Iowa University announces Bing-Davis Memorial Gallery schedule
Upper Iowa University is proud to announce the 2022-23 Bing-Davis Memorial Gallery schedule. The first artist feature will open on August 29, with “Grieving in Stereo: The Black Arcade” with the works of Allen Moore.
Moore is an experimental turntablist, interdisciplinary visual artist, educator, and curator. His work converses with the signifiers of Black Culture and Afrofuturism, bringing to view the history of racial and socio-economic conditions, and emphasizing the importance of nurturing the Black Imagination. He works to create space for advocacy, creative representation, and healing.
Moore earned a Master of Fine Arts degree at Northern Illinois University, a Master of Arts degree from Governors State University and a Bachelor of Arts degree from Chicago State University. His works have been featured in Illinois, Wisconsin, and Missouri as well as part of the Netflix Original Series “EASY”, seasons one and two.
The exhibit is open through Friday, September 30, with a closing artist reception to be held at noon the on the final day at the Bing-Davis Memorial Gallery at Upper Iowa University’s Fayette Campus.
The complete 2022-23 Bing-Davis Memorial Gallery artist schedule is as follows:
- August 29 – September 30: Allen Moore, Chicago, Illinois
- October 3 – November 4: Sarah Thomas, Toledo, Ohio
- November 14 – December 16: Zhongkai Li, New York, New York
- January 9 – February 10: Tom Bates, Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- February 21 – March 24: Cody Norman, Chicago, Illinois
- April 3 – April 14: Senior Thesis Exhibition, Art
- April 24 – May 6: Senior Thesis Exhibition, Graphic Design
Additional information about the artists and their respective exhibits will be announced at a later date.
Bing-Davis Memorial Gallery is located in Edgar Fine Arts Hall at Upper Iowa University’s Fayette Campus. The gallery is open 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Leave a Reply