FAYETTE, Iowa (August 10, 2018) – The 2018-19 Bing-Davis Memorial Gallery schedule opens Monday, August 27, with “Paperworks and Trolls,” the featured works of Midwest Pressed and Cedar Falls, Iowa, artists Aaron Wilson and Tim Dooley. The Wilson and Dooley exhibit will be the first of nine scheduled exhibits showcased in 2018-19.
The opening exhibit includes a lunch with the artists at 11 a.m. Wednesday, September 19. A screen printing workshop will be held from noon – 2 p.m., before the day’s activities conclude with an artist talk and reception from 3 – 5 p.m. The Midwest Pressed exhibit will remain open through Friday, September 28.
“We are ecstatic to host Tim and Aaron on the Fayette Campus,” Upper Iowa University Assistant Professor of Art Laura Gleissner said. “Their work is loud, layered and open to interpretation. Bringing Midwest Pressed here for both an exhibit and a workshop will provide a more in-depth look at the artists’ work and engage conversation between students and the entire UIU community.”
Wilson and Dooley began collaborating while teaching printmaking and foundations together at the University of Northern Iowa, before establishing Midwest Pressed in 2011. Apart from their individual accomplishments, the two artists have collaborated on an extensive body of artwork that has been shown widely in museums and university galleries across the United States.
“We are eagerly anticipating the start of the new Gallery schedule and invite everyone to join us during each of the artist talks, receptions, and other Gallery events,” Gleissner said, while noting that the upcoming exhibits once again feature a wide range of art media, including painting, illustrating, printmaking, murals, ceramics and sculptural installation.
The complete 2018-19 Bing-Davis Memorial Gallery artist schedule is as follows:
- August 27 – September 28: Midwest Pressed, Aaron Wilson and Tim Dooley
- October 10 – November 2: Lee Emma Running and Dr. Parker UIU Herbarium, artist talk and reception, 3:30 – 6 p.m. Wednesday, October 10; UIU Homecoming reception, including a meet and greet with UIU Professor of Science/Robert L. Fox Chair of Science Scott Figdore from 12:15 – 1:30 p.m. Friday, October 12
- October 29: Roger Lugo, artist talk, 11 a.m.
- November 8 – December 14: Emily Stokes, artist talk and reception, 2:30 – 5 p.m. Thursday, November 8
- January 10 – February 8: Kirkwood Faculty Show, artist talk and reception, TBD
- February 11 – April 12: Bart Woodstrup, artist talk and reception, 2:30 – 5 p.m. Monday, February 11
- March 20: Northeast Iowa Area High School Art Show, 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. (UIU Student Center ballrooms)
- April 22 – May 4: UIU Senior Thesis Show, artist reception TBA
Additional information about the artists and their respective exhibits will be announced at a later date.
Bing-Davis Memorial Gallery is located in Edgar Fine Arts Hall at Upper Iowa University’s Fayette Campus. The gallery is open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.