The changing landscape of Upper Iowa University and the surrounding area will be the featured art exhibit at Bing-Davis Memorial Gallery on the Upper Iowa University Fayette Campus in October. “Landscape: Upper Iowa University Through the Ages” will feature the works of various artists from the past and of today.
“We plan on building on the popularity of a similar exhibit held here during the summer of 2014,” said Elissa Wenthe, UIU associate professor of art. “This year’s exhibit includes a wider selection of work from the University’s archive collection. The landscape of northeast Iowa has greatly influenced UIU students for many generations and this exhibition will highlight some of those inspirational backdrops of not only the landscape of the Fayette campus, but that of northeast Iowa as well.”
Debuting at Bing-Davis Memorial Gallery on Thursday, Oct. 1, “Landscape: Upper Iowa University Through the Ages” will feature paintings, drawings, photographs and sculptures. The exhibit’s reception will coincide with Upper Iowa University’s Homecoming celebration on Saturday, Oct. 10. The reception is scheduled to be held from 2:30-4 p.m. The exhibit will remain open to the public during regular gallery hours through Friday, Oct. 30.
The current exhibit, “Get Connected, No Password Required,” featuring the works of New Hampton artist David Prehm remains open at Bing-Davis Memorial Gallery on the Upper Iowa University Fayette Campus through Friday, Sept. 25.
The future Bing-Davis Memorial Gallery artists schedule is as follows:
- Nov. 5-Dec. 18 – Dawn Gettler, Peoria, Ill.; reception 3:30-5 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 5.
- Jan. 14-Feb. 12 – Matt Williamsen, Mankato, Minn.; reception 3:30-5 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 14.
- Feb. 18-March 25 – Anita Jung, Iowa City, Iowa; reception 3:30-5 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 18.
- March 31-April 15 – Laura Colby, visiting art faculty at UIU; reception 3:30-5 p.m. Thursday, March 31.
- April 21-May 7 – Elizabeth Roniker, Becky Althouse, Becky Carpenter, senior thesis exhibitions; reception TBA.
Bing-Davis Memorial Gallery is located in the Edgar Fine Arts Hall on the Upper Iowa University Fayette Campus. The gallery is open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.