Upper Iowa University alumni, students, faculty and staff are reminded the deadline to provide creative writing submissions to Upper Iowa’s literary journal, “Volga River Review,” are due Saturday, February 1. All styles of writing are welcome, from traditional to experimental. Past contributors are welcome to participate. To submit a poem, short story or creative essay for print, follow these guidelines:
- Entries are required to be submitted/attached as a doc. or pdf.
- Submit entries to email@example.com.
- Please include “VRR2020” in the subject line.
- Submissions may include one to three poems or up to 3,000 words of prose (fiction or creative nonfiction).
- The document should include your name, email address, mailing address, word count of the literary submission, and a bio of no longer than 200 words.
- For full consideration, please submit by midnight on Saturday, February 1.
All contributors will be mailed a copy of the issue in which their work appears. The journal will launch in April 2020.