Upper Iowa University students, faculty, staff and alumni are invited to provide creative writing submissions to Upper Iowa’s literary journal, “Volga River Review.” All styles of writing are welcome, from traditional to experimental. Past contributors are welcome to participate again. To submit a poem, short story or creative essay for print, follow these guidelines:
- Entries are required to be submitted/attached as a doc. or pdf.
- Submit entries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please include “VRR2019″ in the subject line.
- Submissions may include one to three poems or up to 3,000 words of prose (fiction or creative non-fiction).
- The document should include your name, email address, mailing address, word count of the literary submission, and a bio of no longer than 200 words.
- For full consideration, please submit by midnight on Thursday, January 31, 2019.
All contributors will be mailed a copy of the issue in which their work appears. The journal will launch in April 2019.