Editors of the Volga River Review, a literary journal featuring the creative fiction and poetry of Upper Iowa University students, faculty, staff, and alumni, are now accepting submissions for the 2018 cover. Any subject will be considered, but pictures featuring nature and/or UIU are encouraged.
In addition, written submissions continue to be accepted for the annual publication. All styles of writing are welcome, from traditional to experimental. Past contributors are welcome to participate again. To submit a poem, short story or creative essay for print, follow these guidelines:
- Entries are required to be submitted/attached as a doc. or pdf.
- Submit written and photograph entries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please include “VRR2018″ in the subject line.
- Submissions may include one to three poems or up to 3,000 words of prose (fiction or creative non-fiction).
- The document should include your name, email address, mailing address, word count of the literary submission, and a bio of no longer than 200 words.
- For full consideration, please submit by midnight Wednesday, January 31, 2018.
All contributors will be mailed a copy of the issue in which their work appears. The journal will launch in April 2018.