Upper Iowa University students, faculty, staff and alumni are invited to provide creative writing submissions to Upper Iowa’s literary journal, Volga River Review. Photographs are also being sought to consider for the front cover of the publication. Any subject will be considered, but pictures featuring nature and/or UIU are encouraged.
All styles of writing are welcome, from traditional to experimental. Past contributors are welcome to participate again. To submit a poem, short story or creative essay for print, follow these guidelines:
- Entries are required to be submitted/attached as a doc. or rtf.
- Forward entries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include “VRR2017″ in the subject line
- Submissions may consist of one to three poems or up to 2,500 words of prose (fiction, creative essay, or creative non-fiction)
- The document should include your name, email address, mailing address in the document, word count of the literary submission, and a bio of no longer than 200 words
- For full consideration, please submit by midnight on Tuesday, Jan. 31, 2017. Persons should receive a response two to three weeks after submission.
All contributors will be mailed a copy of the issue in which their work appears. The journal will launch in April 2017. Past issues can be viewed at uiu.edu/volgariverreview/.
We look forward to hearing from you,
The Editors of the Volga River Review
Faculty Advisor Dr. Adrianne Finlay